Popular Posts

Monday, July 14, 2014

Pets and Happiness

#5-Pets are family too. 
(continued Happiness Topic)

1980-Growing up with Dobermans
Duke and Dublin-Family Pets
Over the years, I have read many articles written that concur, animals being raised as pets bring some of the happiest moments in our lives.

With that said, which kind of pets are the best to choose? And what distinguishes our pet choices?

People seem to know which pet is best for them,  but just in case you're wondering here is a bit on the popular two, for example:


1. Cats; I am definitely a cat person.  Even though my father raised my sisters and I with many large dogs, horses, goats, sheep, ducks, Guinea hens, chickens, pigs, and some farm cats over the years, the "Cat" as a house pet I enjoy the most.  How Cats Show affection.

I love cats because they are easy to take care of.  Rarely do you have to board them when you leave for a couple days.  They don't bark.  If they meow it is for a purpose like being hungry, the need of water, or expecting a litter change.  Cats don't take up too much room on the bed or the chair.  They can be a little hairy but not as much as dogs.  I love their purring sound and the fact that if raised correctly can be extremely loving.

Raising a cat is like, wherever I go, they are always near by and never do they bark at people who enter our home…meet Scotty (Gold & White Tabby) and Annie (Black & White Tabby).











               
          Rudy is the smallest dog, my mom's.
He is spoiled by my parents.
Jazzy is dad's mini-pin (with tags) &
Thor is her buddy!








2. Dogs-are also great pets.  My father is a huge dog lover.  He thinks dogs are the best companions because they are always in protective mode (barking is their job).  He and my beautiful mother love their little dogs like they did my sisters and me.  They are an important part of the family and can be very enjoyable but also sometimes annoying.  Upon prompting my husband and daughter believe the best things about a dog is that they are entertaining, a great companion, a protector, and they learn how to poop outside.  Here is our extended family of dogs.
Thor in this glamour shot is the best behaved
dog in the family!   He is my sister's dog.
This is Zeus.  He is my son's dog.  Zeus has
brought much happiness to his life.




3. Pets come in all kids of sizes and at unexpected times.  I remember one of my sister's fondest pets was a barn-yard chicken, named Leeza.  I doubt Leeza would have ever survived without the aid of my sister.  She loved and protected that little white feathered friend until the very end. 

When a person learns to love an animal, they bring a special happiness into the world that teaches more than without.  We learn about our love for taking care of something else, besides ourself.  This is good for everyone to experience.  







4.  I leave you with this image: I think of it as God's personality friends.  These beautiful blue butterflies really made my day on a trip recently to North Carolina. Just seeing them out in the wild with out a worry was so special.  All of God's creations are really amazing.

So, if you are not an animal person, I challenge you to at least meet one.  Animals are something to appreciate and draw happiness from.  

Blessings, SD  


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment if you want to add anything to the topic or ask a question.